Guided Tour JR Pass
Mt. Shirataki Hiking & Cycling from Innoshima , Mukaishima to Onomichi
We start from Onomichi by ferry to Innoshima where we climb Mt. Shirataki (227 meters, 750 feet) to see 700 Buddhist statues and enjoy a panoramic view of the Inland Sea. In the afternoon, we bike 17 km (10 miles) along the coast making short stops at Shimanami Beach and Ohamasaki Light House, then cross Innoshima Bridge, a 1339-meter (4400-feet) suspended bridge to Mukaishima island. We arrive at Onomichi around 3 PM to end the tour.
Daily (Closed from Dec. 25 to Jan. 4 and in February)
Guide fee: ¥10,000 (1 person), ¥ 16,000 (2 persons), ¥ 18,000 (3 persons), ¥ 20,000 (4 to 5 persons)
Boat from Onomichi to Innoshima: ¥650
Boat from Mukaishima to Onomichi: ¥110
Bike rental: ¥1,100
Innoshima Bridge toll: —
Meeting Time & Point:
10:00 am at JR Onomichi Station South Exit
* Please consult us concerning your desired meeting time and point.
Finishing Time & Point:
4:00 pm at JR Onomichi Station
|10:00||Meet at JR Onomichi Station. Pick up a bike.|
|10:40||Depart Onomichi Port by boat.|
|11:00||Arrive at Innoshima Island. 10-min ride to Mt. Shirataki entrance.|
|11:10||Hiking and Lunch* at Mt. Shirataki.|
|13:30||Shimanami Kaido Cycling (17 km). Cross the Innoshima Bridge|
|16:00||Arrive at Onomichi. Return bike. End of the tour.|
|View Shimanami Cycling Tour 1 in a larger map|
To get to and leave Onomichi:
Please contact us.
* Lunch is not included in the tour fee.
* Bring your lunch to eat on the top of the mountain or please request a special lunch (¥2,160) at Shirataki Sanso villa where delicious Japanese dishes are served in the elegant atmosphere of a historic building designed by William Merrell Vories, an American architect who worked in Japan in the first half of 20th century. When you’d like a lunch at Shirataki Sanso, please let us know in advance (at least one day before the tour date) if there is any food you cannot eat.
* Wear sporty dress and shoes.
* Tour will be canceled if reservation counts less than two.
* Tour will be canceled in case of bad weather and you’ll be informed the previous night.
* For details please feel free to ask anything about the tour to Ms. Fujisaka.
Reservation & Inquiry:
- Yoko Fujisaka
- Sachi Sakamoto
Hi, travelers, I’m Sachi Sakamoto, a licensed tour guide. I hail from eastern Hiroshima Prefecture where there are lots of wonderful places to see. “Tomo-no-Ura” is a beautiful small historical port town where time has stood still for hundreds of years. And then there’s the “Shimanami cycling road,” the most picturesque cycling road in all of Japan. It spans right across the Seto Inland Sea and the panoramic view from the magnificent bridges and islands are simply breathtaking. Come and enjoy the calm blue sea, the gentle breeze and the exquisitely warm and friendly atmosphere of these truly unique destinations.